Monday, July 1, 2013

The Next Journey

Five weeks marks my departure date on a 1-year journey to different parts of the world. It is an exciting adventure that will give me the chance to see new countries, meet new people, and learn new things. I always enjoy a traveling adventure, and I will get to add a few countries to my list of 18 countries I have been to so far. I will also get to meet some important people in my life that I have never seen in person before. I will be learning skills that will determine what I do with the rest of my life. Perhaps the most important feature of this adventure is experiencing this journey with my Creator, and allowing Him to become my best friend.

There is no way to tell the future, so I have no clue what all will happen throughout my journey, as far as specifics go, but I can tell you what expectations I have. First off, I am really excited to meet my biological family in the Los Angeles area of California.I was adopted at birth, and I have never met my birth parents. My father has 7 other children, so I will get to meet a few of them as well.

The journey leads me on from LA to Miami, Florida. I'll get to spend a few days on vacation with my adopted family, sailing in the Keys off the tip of Florida.

August 15 is the true date of departure for my world travels. I will board a plane to Detroit, Michigan, then on to Amsterdam in the Netherlands. My last leg lands me in Oslo, Norway. Here in Norway is where the school year begins.

I will be attending Matteson Mission School, located close to Oslo, Norway. This school equips young people with the skills needed to operate in ministry in the home, in the church, in the community, and in the foreign mission field--throughout their lives. I will have training in 5 different areas. Theological/Biblical studies, Outreach, Leadership, Health, and Agriculture, and by this range of training I will have a very well rounded basic ministerial education. 

The program also provides a Mission Internship program, so I will be going to one of three different countries (Bolivia, Guyana, Honduras) to put all that theory into practice. This will happen about 3 months into my stay in Norway. I will be on the internship for approximately 4 1/2 months, and then return to Norway for another 3 month stay. When all of that is finished, I will come back to the US, probably around the end of June. Hopefully by then I will have a plan for what happens afterwards.

I will be cutting off many of the distractions that often get in my way, by experiencing 

But above all of this exciting adventure, the one thing that excites me most, is a chance to spend so much time learning about, sharing, and praising my God, my Saviour, and the one who is fast becoming my best and closest friend. 

May God bless you,
Seth Greve

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful and exciting, Seth! Happy for you. The Lord be with you.

    ReplyDelete