Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The First Two Weeks of Mission School


Its been almost two weeks since I arrived at Matteson Mission School. I have been learning so much! I love it here. Norway is decidedly my favorite country in the whole world. The air is crisp and clean, you can see as far and land will allow.

Matteson Mission School is everything and more that I expected it to be. The friends I have made here are all sincere Christian brothers and sisters. I have two roommates, Thierry De Rose, and Johannes Huber. I have 10 other classmates, 2 more guys, and 8 girls. Yep, we are out-numbered.
I found that classes so far aren't the most challenging, but that can be expected at the beginning of the school year. But some of it has to do with the fact that I learn a lot of similar things in high school at Oklahoma Academy.

We just finished learning the prophecies of Daniel chapters 2, 7, and 8, with little adventures into chapters 9 and 11.

Practical work involves working at the Komposten, or top soil plant that they have here. It has become an industry to support the school, they receive branches and leaves that are typically composted in a ditch somewhere, and shred them through a chip-shredder, mix with mineral clay and manure, and allow to sit for two years. Then they package the top soil and sell it throughout the area.

The other practical work jobs are working in the garden(organic gardening) and picking berries during the berry season. At least, thats what they have done so far.

We will be going out today for In-Gathering to collect money for ADRA. That is exciting, as I don't know Norwegian. But I'm learning Norwegian, slowly, and I hope to eventually become decent in the language.

That will be all for now, more coming soon! Including pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment